We are public benefit organisation, which for 14 years has been actively building and supporting groups of inhabitants and local leaders, teaching local officers how to conduct open and effective dialogue with inhabitants and non-governmental organisations and enabling young people to gain new experience through volunteering.
Our association is seated in Katowice and focuses its attention particularly on this city, however we also conduct activities throughout Poland.
We wish that Polish villages, country towns and cities would be places friendly for living and open for needs of their inhabitants. If this could happen, the involvement of individual persons undertaking activities for the local surroundings is important as well as reliable authorities, who act in open and transparent way and take into account voice of inhabitants in decision making process.
We realise our mission through:
Activities aiming at engaging inhabitants in the lives of their villages, country towns and cities:
– we organise local neighbourhood initiatives that act for the benefit of their local communities,
– we provide legal, organizational and substantive support to local leaders,
– we educate inhabitants about their rights so that they will be able to use them effectively while cooperating with local authorities and other subjects.
Activities aiming at supporting local authorities in building social dialogue:
– we educate local officers how to carry out open and effective dialogue with inhabitants and non-governmental organisations,
– we prepare projects of law acts and motions, which purpose is to improve quality of standard living, make authorities more transparent and ensure better cooperation with citizens.
Activities involving young persons:
– we enable personal development through involvement of volunteers in current activities conducted in Bona Fides and support from experienced employees and members of association,
– within European Voluntary Service (EVS) we send young persons for volunteering to Europe, and we host volunteers from various parts of Europe. Thanks to volunteering they have chance to obtain new competences, develop their passions and learn civic attitudes,